Effective Date: October 26, 2013
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how FixYourCarForLess uses personal information and applies to all new users who register on our site on or after the Effective Date. If you do not agree to our practices, please do not register, subscribe, create an account, utilize the estimateding process at FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COM, or otherwise interact with Fixyourcarforless.com and any individual, business partner-specific, merchant-specific, city-specific, or other area-specific sites we offer (collectively, the "Sites").
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at support@Fixyourcarforless.com. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
1016 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Fixyourcarforless.com.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Fixyourcarforless.com, such as the FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COMs you view, request estimates, estimate; other information about how you use our Sites, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Fixyourcarforless.com merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Mobile Location Information to help us offer you real-time deals nearby, if you have activated one of our mobile applications and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
2. How Fixyourcarforless.com Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, estimate on FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COM, or otherwise interact with the Sites or contact Fixyourcarforless.com.
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
We collect information that you provide us about other people when you estimate, or place descriptions of work to be done using FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COM.
If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with Fixyourcarforless.com or the Sites, the application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that application. For example, if you use a Fixyourcarforless.com mobile application and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect Mobile Location Information from your device. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into the Fixyourcarforless.com application or the Sites. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance the Sites or Fixyourcarforless.com services.
3. How Fixyourcarforless.com Uses Personal Information
Fixyourcarforless.com uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Sites;
- Provide customers with offers for products and services from participating merchants, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Facilitate orders for FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COM’s, including their purchase and redemption;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Track redemption of FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COMs and perform other analytics;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for Fixyourcarforless.com services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Fixyourcarforless.com and our merchants and business partners, such as Fixyourcarforless.com news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Manage our everyday business needs such as Site administration, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, Terms of Service or to comply with the law, and
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Site.
4. When and Why Fixyourcarforless.com Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Fixyourcarforless.com) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Mechanics, but only to the extent that you have accepted their estimate on FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COM offered by the mechanic, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Fixyourcarforless.com on behalf of the mechanics. We may also provide mechanics with Personal Information about the individuals who have accepted the mechanics estimate on FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COM, to send customized offers, to validate the purchases, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, as part of legal proceedings affecting Fixyourcarforless.com and the mechanic, and to facilitate a direct relationship between mechanics and customers and enable mechanics to communicate electronically with customers who accepted the estimate on FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COM.
- Fixyourcarforless.com business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Fixyourcarforless.com and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Fixyourcarforless.com from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Fixyourcarforless.com business partner, Fixyourcarforless.com may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between Fixyourcarforless.com and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Fixyourcarforless.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We encourage Fixyourcarforless.com Mechanics and business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our mechanics, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
5. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Sites, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Sites and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Sites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you visit our Sites, Fixyourcarforless.com and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A "cookie" is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Sites. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your Site activity with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your interactions with the Sites.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session" cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. "Persistent" cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences (e.g., the cities for which you want to be shown FIXYOURCARFORLESS.COMs).
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Sites, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Sites. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Site and the website you visit after you leave our Site, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about Site users to optimize our Sites and understand its traffic and usage patterns. In other cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information. In that case, this Privacy Statement governs how we use that information.
Additionally, if the settings on your location-aware device allow us to receive Location Information, we will collect that automatically. If we associate Location Information with other Personal Information, this Privacy Statement governs how we would use that information too.
6. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you currently helps ensure that we offer you the best deals available through our merchants and business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of the Site.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Sites for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at support@Fixyourcarforless.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. Security of Personal Information
Fixyourcarforless.com has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information.
8. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
Fixyourcarforless Inc. is headquartered in the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, business partners, merchants, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of Personal Information according to our Privacy Statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
9. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Fixyourcarforless.com through your interaction with the Sites. Other websites that may be accessible through links from our Sites may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our merchants and business partners may have their own privacy statements, too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features to our Sites. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.